Good Post: Why Content Matters http://t.co/ktay616 via @TMGmedia #contentmarketing RT @ajhuisman
If you are marketing today and not doing so through organized publicity of your intellectual capital through Content Marketing, you’re missing the boat!
Before you jump in, there are a few things you need to know:
- It’s a LOT HARDER THAN YOU THINK! This takes planning, organizational alignment, rigorous scheduling, and new processes to start, and – most importantly – discipline to maintain.
- It’s a LOT SIMPLER THAN YOU THINK! The tools available to support your efforts in this area were simply inconceivable only a few years ago. Now they enable you to do this complex job more efficiently and effectively.
- It’s about WILL POWER! Focus and tenacity are the hurdles here. If you have them, you can be winning with content marketing in very short order.
What are the benefits? “Brand Stickiness,” “Google Juice,” – whatever you want to call it, will bring recognition>leads>business!
The graph displayed here is an image from an excellent research piece done by Roy Young of Marketing Profs and Joe Pulizzi of Junta 42 “(B2B Content Marketing, 2010 Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends” [download here] that will give you an overview of the major components of a content marketing effort, along with some very useful statistics.
- Nine out of 10 B2B marketers are using content marketing to grow their businesses.
- Enthusiasm for content marketing is high; however, marketers are still unsure about the effectiveness and impact
- Content marketing deployment is high across industries, with no single industry reporting below 78% adoption
- Web traffic is the most widely used success metric (56%) followed by direct sales (49%)
- On average, B2B marketers allocate approximately 26% of their total budgets to content marketing initiatives
- The largest challenge is “producing the kind of content that engages prospects and customers” (36% of respondents
- Social media and article posting are the most popular tactics and are currently used by 79% and 78% of B2B marketers
Get this paper and digest it today!